On Jun 27, 11:56 pm, Bill Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

> I'm just looking at the GMP spkg in sage to see what if any SAGE
> patches can be applied to mpir before we make our first release.
>
> Can someone tell me what the various patches do. I know what the
> fastgcd, gmp-4.2.1-core2-port and mpn_amd64.42 patches do and they are
> self explanatory, but what do the following patches do:
>
> 1) amd64

I have no clue, but I am about to find out.

> 2) bin

I have no clue, but I am about to find out.

> 3) gmp_add_nc.patch

I have no clue, but I am about to find out.

> 4) patch to gmp-h.in (is the patch only for inline c99 semantics)

Yes.

> Michael also mentioned a patch to "fix dynamic linking on OSX". Which
> files does this correspond to, or is that not in SAGE yet?

It is (4) which caused linking trouble on OSX 10.5 with FLINT.

> Any progress on fixing support for gmpxx.h with the Sun compiler?

Not yet, there are patches out there which might be LGPL V2+
compatible, but Sun might have broken them with the latest Sun CC. We
need to agree on which Sun CC we support anyway. Brian Gladman has
some gmpxx.h fixes for MSVC IIRC, so we need to find out if we can get
all those patches under one roof without FUBARing existing supported
compilers.

> Bill.

Cheers,

Michael