On Jul 11, 12:01 pm, "Ivan Horich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello, this is my first post, so I'm not sure of etiquete policies
> and such...hopefully I won´t break too much!

hi, welcome, and don't worry ...

> I've tried to search through previous discussions and the archives, but
> can't seem to find anything related to integration between
> SAGE<http://www.sagemath.org/>and
> DUNE <http://www.dune-project.org/>.  Does anyone know more (or anything,
> for that matter) about such an effort?

I'm not aware of such an effort. Sage has its current focus more on
pure mathematics than such applications for physics and numerical
mathematics - although this doesn't mean that it excludes such
functionality. At least it is good to know that there is some interest
in that area, too!

To integrate a system like Dune in Sage, it needs the following steps:
First, it has to compile inside the sage environment, packaged as an
"experimental package". Then, there should be some python interfaces
to be able to call it (exchange of data structures) and after that
testing. If everyone wants it and there is an agreement on it, it is
included. This is just the rough process idea, others may tell you
more details...

And the "sage-devel" mailing list is more appropriate for this kind of
questions. (this is a cross posting!)

Harald