I am using the copy of Sage installed on sage.math.washington.edu from
the command line.  I do not have root access.

I would like to use some commands which require the optional package
gap_packages-4.4.10_4 .  Because I don't have root access to this
system, running:

sage -i gap_packages-4.4.10_4

does not work.

Would it be possible to install gap_packages-4.4.10_4 to a directory
within my home directory, and then instruct Sage to check this
directory when looking for packages?  It seems like this would be a
fairly simple scripting change.

(I am also wondering if there is a way to use commands requiring
gap_packages-4.4.10_4 from a notebook at sagenb.org?)

UAW