I am in the processes of implementing ldap authentication as well...
although it is not going so smoothly.
I was trying to override the classes in user_db.py with some custom
classes.
Fine. That seems ok. The UserDatabase
is used throughout twist.py which seemed to be the server software.
avatars.py and guard.py
rely heavily on this. Unfortunately there seems to be a somewhat
independed db of users in
notebook. This is really 'twisting' my head around. I have code using
python-ldap for doing
the queries (happy to share though it is not pretty) but the user
management is very hard to follow.
Is there some cruft here? Do notebooks keep their own subsets of users
for the purposes of
limited collaborations?
Any leg up would be nice!