On Jul 19, 10:37 am, saucerful <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it possible to put all output (and input?) cells in some css (html/
> whatever, i dont know anything about web pages) component that can be
> collapsed/expanded? (I am thinking of the way mathematica has those
> lines brackets to the right of its notebook, though those are kind of
> confusing, a regular plus sign widget would be fine).  That would be
> nice for long notebooks-- you can collapse the parts you arent working
> on.

Great idea.  I have thought this before and forgotten to mention it.
Unfortunately I'm not going to implement it any time soon either.

> It would also be nice if jmol applets didn't have to load
> automatically when opening a notebook which has them previously
> running (it makes the notebook take forever to load), or adding an
> option to control this.  And has anyone asked the jmol creator if he
> can add some flag to the applet that will strip out all the chemistry
> options in the right-click menu?

Yeah, this has annoyed me before, especially with worksheets that
crash firefox.  It then becomes almost impossible to edit them, since
they re-crash every time they are opened.

> Also I am finding that editing large cells (say > 50 lines?) gets kind
> of slow (on my p4 2ghz 1gb ram) and that breaking it up into multiple
> cells improves this quite a bit.  If this is a simple bug it would be
> nice to fix.

I have noticed that too, although not so much recently, and I have a
worksheet with a ridiculously large cell (since I need one huge cython
cell, probably just from my lack of cython-fu).

> Lastly, would it be possible to do 'load ../05/worksheet.txt' so that
> I can use methods i wrote in another worksheet in my current one? Or
> to have a common data directory that all worksheets can access?

It seems like the best approach is save your code and use it via
"attach".  That's what I do, and in practice I think it encourages me
to start thinking about cleaning up the code for submission
sometimes.  But I agree, a mechanism for direct worksheet-to-worksheet
importing would be cool.

-M. Hampton