From: SAGE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2008/9/8
Subject: Re: [SAGE] #3102: [with patch, with review, issue remains]
debugging output in p-adics with print mode "digits"
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

#3102: [with patch, with review, issue remains] debugging output in p-adics with
print mode "digits"
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dmharvey          |        Owner:  somebody
    Type:  defect            |       Status:  new
Changes (by cremona):

 * summary:  [with patch, needs review] debugging output in p-adics with
             print mode "digits" => [with patch, with
             review, issue remains] debugging output in
             p-adics with print mode "digits"

Comment:

 Well, the patch applied fine and doctests pass.  BUT  when I manually type
 in
 {{{
            sage: K = Qp(7, print_mode="digits")
            sage: repr(K(1/2))
 }}}
 I do NOT get what the doctest says I should:
 {{{
            '...3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|4'
 }}}
 but instead I get this:
 {{{
 '...33333333333333333334'
 }}}

 I don't know why the vertial lines a re missing, or whether they should be
 there;  but I do know that the doctester ignores what comes after three
 dots ... so any p-adics print mode which includes the dots is going to be
 rather hard to doctest.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/3102#comment:4>
SAGE <http://sagemath.org/>