Hello folks,

to optimize startup time we did move numpy imports "down" into
individual Cython files. Unfortunately every time we do so we end up
leaking anywhere from 700 to 900 bytes or so. Since that import can be
in frequently visited operations I would strongly suggest we limit
ourselves to one global numpy import in all.py. In 3.1.3 we will be
upgrading to numpy 1.2 which import significantly faster than 1.1 and
especially 1.0.4. Since we fix 8 byte leaks I would certainly suggest
that we do the same for a 700+ byte leak, even if that slows down the
startup time of Sage about 0.2s on sage.math. I noticed the numpy
import leak all over the Sage doctests.

Cheers,

Michael