mhampton wrote:
> Hi Hazem,
>
> Its not nonsense, but there probably aren't many sage developers right
> now who will pursue that.  I am interested in expanding the dynamical
> systems capabilities of sage, but I won't have time until March or
> April 2009.  I am hoping to add things like AUTO and PyDSTool.

That would be really cool.  I spent a bit of time looking at Scicos last
night; my conclusions were that 1. I want to demo it (or simulink) to my
diffeq class so they can see yet another way to model systems, and 2.
redoing all of it for Sage is quite a big project.

> Because of the notebook interface, making something like simulink
> would require some clever java I think, which I am not good at.  I
> haven't looked at scicos but its probably difficult to port to our
> notebook.  In the long run I think creating something like that would
> help us a lot with the engineering community, but we really need some
> engineer developers who know more about it.

We could easily do the draggable images using jquery.  Connecting things
with lines and then somehow reading off the resulting structure would be
harder.  This is probably related to getting a nice graph (i.e.,
vertices and lines) editor in Sage.

Jason