Hi,

I successfully compiled Sage 3.1.2 from source. But I had troubles
with many commands... I finaly realized that all functions using a GAP
subprocess where buggy, which was related to a corrupted prompt; see:

sage: gap._eval_line('1+3;')
'4\n\x1b[1m\x1b[34mgap> \x1b[0m'

Removing $HOME/.gaprc (in my case it turn color prompt on, using the
command "ColorPrompt(true);") doesn't help... To fix the problem I had
to remove $HOME/.gaprc AND compile the GAP component again. Now it
works well, even with $HOME/.gaprc back.

May be one should change the compilation process so that it ignore
$HOME/.gaprc during build time?