On 10/15/2008 10:21 AM, mabshoff wrote:
> On Oct 14, 6:49 pm, "David Joyner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I wonder if any of this code sponsored by NAG is truely FOSS. I
>> didn't see any licensing statements though I didn't dig very deep.

> Aldor is not free as I am sure many Axiom/FriCAS developers will tell
>  you.

For the last thing: sad, but still true.

But for the stuff at
http://www.nag.co.uk/Projects/Frisco/frisco/node8.htm
probably the people that were involved in the Frisco project know best
under which license the software was developed. Maybe there is even
some written statements about that in the contract with the European
Commission.

Maybe the quickest thing is to ask the people who were involved in the
FRISCO project.

Ralf