mabshoff a écrit :
> On Oct 29, 7:12 am, Thierry Dumont <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>>  With some colleagues in our University (Lyon, France) we have built a
>> project around Sage for undergraduate students... And the University has
>> decided to support this project. Good news.
>
> Great news indeed.
>
>> We will have enough money to by 3 servers, each one with 32 Mb of
>> memory, 2x4 core (hopefully: the price of machines is turning
>> stochastic, nowadays).
>
> I assume 32 GB :)

yes :-)

>> Now we will be facing the problem to build a sage configuration which
>> will work for say ,200 students at the same time (students will use the
>> notebook), and prepare professors to Sage teaching. There are "some"
>> technical problems to solve like:
>> -OpenLdap identification (this works)
>> -sharing the sage personal folders...
>> -and may be many other problems...
>
> Please let us know about any scalability or other problems you run
> into. I see that some sort of ldap authentication patch made it into
> trac, so hopefully that one will get merged sooner than later.

I have posted in July something about this. It works, but it must be
improved.... and the University uses a fake ldap, known as Active
Directory (known by some people), and so, we must add support to kerberos...
Concerning the integration in a future release of Sage, if we want Sage
to remain as stand alone as possible, we will need to incorporate the
OpenLdap libs (source) in the Sage tree.
What I did (the patch to the notebook) is in
http://math.univ-lyon1.fr/~tdumont/sage
>> May be I'll post very often here :-)
>>
>> As far as I know, this is the first time that such experience is
>> conducted, at this scale, in a french university.
>>
>> t.d.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael
>
>>  -----~--~---

begin:vcard
fn:Thierry Dumont
n:Dumont;Thierry
org;quoted-printable:CNRS - Universit=C3=A9 Lyon 1. / Villeurbanne France.;Institut Camille Jordan
adr:;;43 Bd du 11 Novembre;Villeurbanne Cedex;F;69621;France
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title;quoted-printable:Ing=C3=A9nieur de Recherche/Research Ingineer
tel;work:(33) 4 72 44 85 23
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://math.univ-lyon1.fr/~tdumont
version:2.1