On Nov 11, 3:38 am, Martin Albrecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 November 2008, Thomas Kahle wrote:

Hi Thomas, Martin,

> > Dear all,
>
> Hi [sage-devel] and CC Carlo Traverso who might find this discussion
> relevant/.

<SNIP>

> > 4ti2 Integration: I know from the authors, that 4ti2 will become a C++
> > Library soon. It is really fast for specific computations (e.g.
> > saturation of lattice ideals aka "markov basis computation"). So
> > probably it would be useful to have this library included in sage too.

There are other parties, i.e. the combinat people, interested in an
interface to 4ti2. Not much integration has actually happened on the
surface, but at least for a pexpect version there is little that would
need to be done besides writing a wrapper.

<SNIP>

> There was some discussion on Frobby by Bjarke Roune. It is an optional package
> for now. I am not sure how mature the interface is.

The existing interface does pass doctests at the moment, so at least
it isn't broken :)

> Cheers,
> Martin

Cheers,