On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:09 PM, William Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Precisely *exactly* how are you using timeit?!  Paste in an exact session.
>
> Also, note that there is timeit('stuff'), which is a function call, and
>  %timeit stuff
> which is an ipython magic command that is "buggy" in that it doesn't
> preparse its input.

var('x')
f = 2*x/sin(x)^2
f.integrate(x)
axiom.integrate(f,x)
timeit(f.integrate(x))
timeit(axiom.integrate(f,x))

Those are the commands I ran in the one session. Neither of the timeit
commands worked. I was just trying to see how long each took.

Cheers,

Tim.

---
Tim Lahey
PhD Candidate, Systems Design Engineering
University of Waterloo