Privet Sébastien,

Thanks for reply,

> We are thinking of many new functionalities to add in the Words
> library. Some of them are related to automata and languages. For
> example, I was thinking to add a class for Language. For example, one
> could create a finite language from Words like :
>
> Also, it could be interesting to create a Language from an automata.
> So, these are my related thougths.

Seems nice!

We probably should design a generic Language class which `knows' of
itself, whether it is finite, or derived from known automata, or
grammar, or regexp, whatever. Operations on languages are to be
implemented, again with respect to underlying descriptions, calling
apropriate functions for them. Having implemented conversion
algorithms (automata <--> grammars etc) language could convert its
description internally, when told explicitly or during some self-
optimization.

BTW, there is a question of basics: how to represent unknown/
uncomputable. Say, you are going to intersect two unrestricted context-
free languages (each having a pushdown automaton or a grammar inside).
As far as this is generally unsolvable, you should get either UNKNOWN
or CHAOS value (if we ever turn to threefold true-false-chaos logic,
I'm totally unaware of Python and Sage in this respect), or get a kind
of UnsolvableException. In any case, we should represent these cases
in a consistent way.

It may have sense to represent higher-complexity languages (context-
sensitive and above, or as well those having just big description
size) using finite `precision', like being `approximated' by finite
langage of words with length < n. This will give possibility to solve
problems `approximately', which may turn useful to quickly check some
properties among limited set of specimen and find early clues and
informative examples. Again, after all, reducing traditional
whiteboard handwork.

vsego dobrogo,

--Pavel.