Hi Tom Boothby (cc: sage-devel),

Have you noticed that there is something screwy with how the notebook
javascript processes input
lately?  It's not noticeable over a very fast connection, but it is
over a slower one.

Basically, if you do

  [input some text then press shift-enter]

there is a long pause while something happens round trip with the
server before the cursor jumps to the next cell.   If during this long
pause, one just moves the cursor to the next cell and starts typing,
then halfway through typing in new input, the cursor jumps to another
cell,
which is very annoying.

I think that when one presses shift-enter the cursor should
immediately jump to the next cell, with no server or network lag
involved --  it should all happen client side in javascript.

Anyway, any thoughts?   I find this behavior incredibly annoying.

I have no idea who changed things so they work like this.  (Probably me?)

William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics