On Jan 25, 5:11 am, mhampton <hampto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's fantastic, thanks for the summary.  I wish I could have been
> there.  Everyone involved has my thanks for continuing to work on the
> tough stuff.
>
> Is there any plan for what would qualify as Sage 4.0?  After this
> great bug fix, the tinymce addition, the reST switch, and other
> accumlated improvements it seems like a case could be made that 3.4
> should be 4.0.  I realize version numbers are maybe not hugely
> important, but I think it does help communicate that big improvements
> have happened.

4.0 was discussed and the suggestion so far is

 * full Tier I support for 32 bit Solaris and 64 bit OSX
 * increased coverage

The reason is that "4.0" should mean something and the platform
support changes should be signified by something, i.e. getting Sage
3.5.2 of higher for Solaris support is a lot less catchy than 4.0.
Since both those supports aren't far away (3.3 ought to build with
minimal instructions on both platforms) 4.0 ought to happen the first
quarter of 2009. So if everybody now had the timeline they could
coordinate to get their big next feature into 4.0.

> Cheers,
> Marshall

Cheers,

Michael