On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:05 AM, gedaliah <gwol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can try to build it locally on the machine but ultimately, sage will
> need to live in AFS land. I understand there are problems moving it.

There have been (and probably still are) problems with moving Sage,
but if you find any, please report it as a bug and it will eventually
get fixed.

Actually, many (most?) users "move" sage, because they use a binary
distribution that gets unpacked into a different directory from where
it was built, so AFAIK moving sage mostly works.

Carl