mabshoff a écrit :

> In general there are a bunch of suggestions like setting timeouts for
> the python processes and so on to avoid overloading the server. Do you
> have any more info about the setup, i.e. how long do you need to go
> between upgrades (say some people cannot or do not want to upgrade
> while classes are in session or even the whole academic year, etc.).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael

If necessary, we can upgrade say... every week. As we have 3 machines,
we can put one out of the "cluster" , upgrade and synchronize the other
machines; actually this is not a problem.

*An other question*

Students will certainly use very few resources by themselves (I mean:
cpu) during the classes. There are some possible exceptions: when a
student will try something like factorizing a huge integer or try to
compute 1234567890! or anything like this. And every body knows that it
is what students like to do. Is there any possibility to put some
limitations for an user ?

Yours

t.d.

--

-------------
French universities are on a permanent strike!

begin:vcard
fn:Thierry Dumont
n:Dumont;Thierry
org;quoted-printable:CNRS - Universit=C3=A9 Lyon 1. / Villeurbanne France.;Institut Camille Jordan
adr:;;43 Bd du 11 Novembre;Villeurbanne Cedex;F;69621;France
email;internet:tdum...@math.univ-lyon1.fr
title;quoted-printable:Ing=C3=A9nieur de Recherche/Research Ingineer
tel;work:(33) 4 72 44 85 23
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://math.univ-lyon1.fr/~tdumont
version:2.1