On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:42 PM, John H Palmieri
<jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One question: how do I build the documentation?

With "sage -docbuild".  Type just "sage -docbuild" to list all the
possibilities; the simplest is just "sage -docbuild reference html",
which will grind away for a while (about 10 minutes on my computer)
and put the results in devel/sage/doc/output/html/en/reference.

(It's much, much faster on subsequent runs; it's smart enough to only
rebuild the parts of the documentation corresponding to modules that
have changed.)

Note that just editing a source file, then running "sage -docbuild"
isn't enough to see the changed documentation; the documentation
builder uses Python introspection, so you have to use "sage -b" to
recompile before running docbuild.

> On an Intel iMac (10.5), I've had two doctest failures so far;
> doctesting is about 3/4 of the way through, but I need to go to
> sleep.

Interesting.  All doctests passed for me, on Debian testing 64-bit x86.

Carl