Hi,

I was trying to install gap_packages-4.4.10_6 in sage-3.3, but got an error
after the download.  It turns out that this optional package hardcodes that
it wants gap-4.4.10, and meanwhile we had upgraded to gap-4.4.12.  This was
easy enough to fix even for my very limited spkg-kungfu skills (bunzip2,
untar, edit spkg-install so it says GAP=gap-4.4.12 instead of gap-4.4.10,
tar, bzip2, rename as spkg, put back in the right place and try installing
again, this time successfully).  It's a bit annoying though; is there
anything smart we could do to avoid this?

Best,
Alex

--
Alex Ghitza -- Lecturer in Mathematics -- The University of Melbourne --
Australia -- http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~aghitza/