On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:48 PM, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 4, 11:27 am, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:02 PM, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Mar 4, 10:51 am, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
>>
>> > <SNIP>

>> So I tried to build in my home dir and it fails the same.
>>

>> >  * What was the last version of Sage that worked on that box?
>>
>> I got an account today, so there is no version of sage that is known
>> to work there.
>
> ok
>
>> >  * What filesystem is scratch? It could be something more exotic since
>> > it uses ACLs.
>>
>> mount says:
>>
>> nas-0-0.local:/zpool1/nonvolatile/home/ocertik on /home/ocertik type
>> nfs (rw,tcp,addr=10.255.255.76)
>> nas-0-0.local:/zpool1/volatile/scratch/ocertik on /scratch/ocertik
>> type nfs (rw,tcp,addr=10.255.255.76)
>
> Well, I would guess ZFS.
>
>> so I don't know if there is a way for me to know which filesystem it is.
>>
>> >  * I am afraid that any changes to fix it on your build will just
>> > break it somewhere else, so I am more than hesitant to merge anything
>> > but absolutely trivial.
>>
>> Well, I am on my own then. I'll try to fix the NTL, imho there is no
>> reason why it would have to play with permissions.
>>
>> Also, I don't see a reason why Sage couldn't work on the cluster.
>

> I thought you had tried to remove the "-p" from that copy command. Can
> you try that?

$ cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/1                /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/state/partition  /state/partition1       ext3    defaults        1 2
LABEL=/var              /var                    ext3    defaults        1 2
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-sda3         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

Yep, I'll do that, but probably in few days, as the net connection
here is really bad and I need to work on other things now.

Ondrej