On 03/06/09 09:40, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I spent last couple days figuring out how to get mayavi2 installed
> into Sage, using offscreen rendering (e.g. so that you can use mayavi
> from ipython over ssh, without X), so that it can be used in the
> notebook easily. It was a lot of pain, so here is the howto so that
> you can build on my work:

[...]

Thats very cool Ondrej! Thanks. With more work, we could either write a
  VTK to Pmesh exporter for jmol or add javascript to animate the view
to some extent.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time for this ATM. This
would be awesome so if someone has the time and is interested I'd be
happy to help and offer pointers.  If there are things we can do in
mayavi to help make this easier, Gael and I will be happy to add them in
the code.

cheers,
prabhu