Hi David,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 1:12 PM, David Harvey <dmhar...@cims.nyu.edu> wrote:

> Ah. The reason I asked is that various people have requested that I
> write a better wrapper for my hypellfrob library in Sage, and I was
> about to try doing that. I thought it should be some kind of method
> "frobenius_charpoly" or something attached to a hyperelliptic curve
> object, and I was trying to find out what already existed. The
> "count_points" and "zeta_series" interfaces don't seem quite right for
> this. But if you guys are working heavily on that code now, perhaps
> you can tell me where the code should go, and I can put up a patch,
> which you might need to merge if things change too much in the
> meantime.

I'm very happy you're wrapping hypellfrob in Sage.  I agree with Justin's
suggestion that you should just attach it to the existing hyperelliptic code
in whatever way is most convenient to you.  If in the course of refactoring
that code we need to make some changes to what you did, we'll deal with that
there and then.

And please open tickets if you run into stupid stuff along the way.  We'll
try to get issues fixes as we go along.

Best,
Alex

--
Alex Ghitza -- Lecturer in Mathematics -- The University of Melbourne --
Australia -- http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~aghitza/