We can try it out online: http://ompclib.appspot.com/m2py

Since I am not familiar with Python all that much, I cannot judge the
quality of the Python code produced. I can only try to run it in Sage
(Python Mode) and see it behaves like the original m-code. I will be
trying this out over the next days and weeks to get an idea. Anybody
want to suggest some benchmark tests?

Generally I don't have alot of confidence in translators, but the
authors claim to aspire for 100% compatibility. Scilab includes an m-
file translator and it usually does not work without manual
intervention. Keep in mind that Scilab and MATLAB syntax and semantics
are very similar, much more so than with Python.

If this works reasonably well, then it would be an exciting addition
to Sage!  Glad I found it!

Hazem