I'm sorry... I wanted to say: is there any plan to make factor()
working with new symbolic as well? I could see one minute ago that
expand is already there (although I'm not aware whether is this
performed through maxima or not, but I don't think so, since it is a
built-in method for a pynac object).

Yes, the problem is that I found them quite slow, even though this
could arise from complex expressions. Unfortunately, I have not any
commercial software to compare with. Should I compare it with
evaluation time from working directly within maxima?

Maurizio