On Apr 5, 3:40 am, Harald Schilly <harald.schi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 5, 4:34 am, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > the main
> > problem seems to be that the timeline can now be accessed at any point
> > you want and each ticket has a link to jump to the the point of the
> > timeline when it was created. This is quite expensive for the database
> > to construct ...
>
> sounds like trac should provide a suiteable robots.txt out of the box :
> \

While Robots.txt would help your immediate problem, you might consider
tweaking Sage's services with limits and some additional security.
Apache has a bunch of parameters to control connection rates per
client and can look at what is being requested.

I've taken the more general step and use a firewall to control
connections, bandwidth, blacklisting etc.    As you have a pretty
substantial setup, you might consider building a firewall and proxy
using a linux box, lighttpd (there are others) for http, and shorewall
to manage iptables (QoS, brute force SSH attacks, port management,
monitoring).  Any underused older linux box (you might have one given
your new super-duper Suns) with two ethernet connections could easily
handle your load.

-glenn