On 04/06/09 17:26, François Bissey wrote:
> I was toying with the ebuild on Gentoo the other day and there
> we haven't been able to get rid of the dependency on wxpython
> although I haven't checked the command line version (was trying

The mayavi2 command line application will always require a UI -- qt4 or
wxPython.  Its the offscreen mlab or the OO API of mayavi that can be
used without a particular UI backend.

> to build a qt4 version, even when you build for qt4 you need wxpython - sad).
> If I remember well there is a logger module that imports wx directly.
> Would be great if you got rid of that.

Unfortunately, IIRC, that is simply because the logger envisage plugin
hasn't been ported over to Qt4.  I think Phil Thompson is no longer
actively pushing the Qt4 backend either.  So someone with enough time
and knowledge of qt4 will have to port that -- I don't think it is hard
to do but I certainly do not have the time for it at the moment.

cheers,
prabhu