On Apr 23, 1:04 am, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
> Hi,

> I just discovered:
>
> http://code.google.com/apis/o3d/
>
> watch the video there. I think this is awesome -- I hope sooner or
> later all major browsers implement something like this, then it could
> be used for all kinds of 3d interaction in the notebook.

Yes, it looks pretty awesome and was mentioned in IRC the other day,
but it requires either OpenGL or DirectX, so at least on Linux there
seem to be plenty of driver issues in the past. That was the reason to
pick JMOL as a software renderer since it tends to work (well, not
100%, but hopefully we will be getting there soon).

> Ondrej

Cheers,

Michael