Hi:

I upgraded my phemon chip box to amd64 ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty jackalope)
from 8.10. This is a brief report of its effect on Sage.

The upgrade took 12 hours. The Sage binaries for 8.10 seem to
run without problems. I installed sage 3.0.5 using
"sudo apt-get install sagemath". It seems to have installed okay
but got this eror towards the end:

"
Processing triggers for python-support ...
Compiling /var/lib/python-support/python2.6/pyscript/groups.py ...
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax',
('/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/pyscript/groups.py', 390, 6, "
as = options.get('as', a2)\n"))

Processing triggers for libc6 ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
Processing triggers for menu ...
"

It's great having Sage available from apt-get. Many thanks to Tim
Abbott for doing such a great job.
As a minor suggestion, I wonder if it is possible to add Sage as a
menu item in the next version?

- David Joyner