On Apr 29, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Jason Grout wrote:

> Other graph things listed at
> http://www.maplesoft.com/products/maple/new_features/academic/math/graph_theory.aspx
>
> * calculate the plane dual graph -- I have code for this that we've
> been
> using in research.  I just need to polish it up and submit a patch
>
> * animations for minimum spanning tree -- There is code on trac that
> makes a "highlight" command for graphs, that is a step towards an
> mma-style animate_graph, command which would be much more general
>
> * drawing tool for planar graphs -- we've had an algorithm for drawing
> planar graphs for a while too; I don't know if that's what Maple
> means,
> though.

I suspect the the drawing tool is just that. It provides a canvas
where you
can draw the graph which can be then used in your code. It's a pretty
good idea
and maybe something could be done using the Canvas and javascript.

Cheers,

Tim.

---
Tim Lahey
PhD Candidate, Systems Design Engineering
University of Waterloo
http://www.linkedin.com/in/timlahey