On Apr 30, 5:56 pm, Kevin Horton <khorto...@rogers.com> wrote:
> On 30 Apr 2009, at 20:40, mabshoff wrote:

<SNIP>

> > Tar has a verify option, so you might want to use that when
> > compilation attempts fail.
>
> man tar seems to say that the verify option is only available when
> creating tarballs.  It looks like it compares the tarball to the
> original files.

Yeah, you are right - I must have been thinking of gzip/bzip2, but
that obviously does not help here. I guess someone needs to complain
about cases when I don't post the md5sum in release notes of alpha or
rc releases. OTOH anybody with a sage.math account can post the md5sum
of the files in my home directory ;)

> --
> Kevin Horton
> Ottawa, Canada