Thanks for the suggestions!

Rado - yes, indicating what right/left means would be very helpful.  I
think in most Sage commands it is where the vector lies, but adding
this in will answer that question.

Golam - from my PDF viewer, on a laser printer, the blue functions
print slightly bolded and in a different font, since they are all also
using TeX verbatim (\verb).  So there's some contrast, but they don't
jump right out at you quite as much.    I might experiement with
making them bolder - but my plan is to just make color copies when I
pass this out in a class or something.

Thanks again,
Rob