mabshoff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I gotta run to the airport, but sources and upgrade bits of 4.0.rc0
> are in
>
>    http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mabshoff/release-cycles-4.0/rc0/

I must say, it's looking better on Solaris.

Before going to bed, I started to build 4.0.rc0. I woke up this morning,
and found it is still in the build process. I don't think it has ever
run anything like that time before it has stopped.

My machine is quite heavily loaded (load average 3.7) which is due to
some other processes running, which have been running for weeks, so
would have been running when I tried to build sage-4.0.alpha0

So, based on this very scientific measure of starting to compile Sage
before I sent to bed, and Sage still compiling now (and hour or so after
I got up), that is a definite improvement on Solaris!

Dave