On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 5:03 PM, William Stein<wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Jason Grout<jason-s...@creativetrax.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> William Stein wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On sage.math, I installed sage-4.0.2.alpha3, then installed all
>>> optional spkg's into it.  All official optional spkg's do install fine
>>> on sage.math.  Also, on sage.math, all reasonable optional commercial
>>> math software is also installed (I even have a legal magma in my home
>>> directory).   I then ran   sage -t -long --optional on the tree, and
>>> 118 doctests fail in 53 different files.  So that's at least 53 new
>>> bugs now, just because we haven't been running #optional doctests.

I've now reported most of the #optional failures to trac, trying to
group them together.
It's definitely the case that any code not tested is almost certainly
broken.  For example, almost every single section of the Sage
constructions guide has many #optional doctest failures.  Essentially
all the interfaces have failures.  The magma interface has a lot of
problems now, etc., etc.   But at least there are trac tickets for all
this.

 -- William