Hi,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Burcin Erocal<bur...@erocal.org> wrote:
> I don't know anyone working on this atm. You could do this as part of
> #2452 on trac. The example code I wrote for Maurizio is here:
>
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/burcin/pynac/dirac.py
>
> You probably need to put those evalf functions in the appropriate
> PrimitiveFunction class, and add other properties as desired.

Thanks Burcin!  I have started working on this and have a
working prototype for three functions "dirac_delta",
"heaviside_theta" and "unit_step".  New symbolic structures turned
out to be pretty handy.

I have couple of issues:

(1) Assumptions:
How does the assumption framework work in new symbolic?

For example:
------
1 > 0
-
True
---
a=var('a');
a > 0
-
a > 0
---
assume(a>0)
a > 0
-
a > 0
--------
I was expecting a "True"  in last line but that doesn't seem to happen.

(2) How should the expression "operator" be tested
to check whether its multiplication or addition?
-----
ex = x1*x2
ex.operator() == "<built-in function mul>"
False
-----

Cheers,
Golam