On Jun 18, 2009, at 10:26 , Craig Citro wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here's rc3, which *should* be the last rc for this release cycle. I've
> tested it on my laptop and the build farm, and I've had no troubles at
> all, and it's currently going on a few other machines, so hopefully
> that'll turn out fine, too. Please test it and let me know if you run
> into anything at all.
>
> Source and sage.math binary are here:
>
>  http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/craigcitro/release/sage-4.0.2.rc3.tar
>
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/craigcitro/release/sage-4.0.2.rc3-x86_64-Linux.tar.gz
>
> I believe that the necessary upgrade bits are sitting here, but I
> haven't tried it:
>
>  http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/craigcitro/release/sage-4.0.2.rc3/

Built from scratch on Mac OS X, 10.5.7, with latest developer tools
(3.1.3) installed, using default compiler (gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple
Inc. build 5493)).  No problems reported in build.

Testing ("MAKE=make -j6") yielded one failure:

     sage -t  "devel/sage/doc/en/bordeaux_2008/birds_other.rst"
     A mysterious error (perhaps a memory error?) occurred, which
       may have crashed doctest.
          [22.4 s]

Retrying this test, yielded varying results: success, timed out after
6 minutes, mysterious crash (illegal instruction in a
semaphore_wait_trap call).  I've seen this before (earlier releases).

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income