Hi,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:50 PM, William Stein<wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Video and slides for *all* the talks so far from Sage Days 16 are now
> posted here:
>
>   http://wiki.sagemath.org/days16

I have embedded the first two videos here:

http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/ondrej/scratch/sd16/videos.html

let me know if it works for you in your browser.

To save bandwidth, I have set the above page *not* to start playing
automatically (neither to start automatically buffer the video), so
you have to click on the video to start playing (and buffering). This
can be trivially changed in the html source code.

That page also contains a link to the code + info how to embed such videos.

I am experimenting with that, since youtube only allows ~10 minutes,
vimeo allows more, but restrict to 1 high definition video upload per
week. Here I am hosting the video files on the sage.math server and
that's it, no restrictions. Well, except that I had to convert those
mp4 files to FLV using mencoder (script for doing so is available on
the page above), which might have lost some quality, it was saying
"Skipping frame!" almost all the time on my laptop while converting
the video, so I guess it has some skipped frames, but it looks quite
ok to me. If you figure out how to convert the videos to FLV in some
better way, let me know!

Ondrej