Hi Peter,

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Peter
Jeremy<peterjer...@optushome.com.au> wrote:
> What is the policy regarding Cc'ing "SPKG Maintainers" and/or "Upstream
> Contacts" in trac tickets?  There's nothing in TracGuidelines about it
> but I've had a Maintainer get upset that he wasn't Cc'd on a ticket.

I don't think there's any official policy on CC'ing spkg maintainers.
However, I think it's courteous to do so. As regards upstream
contacts, some of them do not have trac accounts. And for those
upstream contacts who do have trac accounts, if their trac usernames
are not listed on the trac wiki page, then it can be tricky to get
their username mapped to real name. If in doubt I would ask around on
sage-devel as you have done.

> (And, in relation to recent, popular thread, there's also nothing about
> how trac attachments should be named).

If I remember correctly, one widely agreed upon naming scheme for trac
attachments and patches is as follows:

trac_xxxx-<description>.patch

where "xxxx" should be replaced with the ticket number. Some folks use
a different naming scheme, but I usually stick with the above scheme.

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen