William Stein wrote:

> The best conclusion I can draw from all this is that for now at least
> I'm going to focus on symbolic/algebraic computation, and let
> Enthought continue to do a great job building the Python numerical
> stack.
I think that the survey results are at least in part a reflection of the
current state of sage/numpy integration - i.e. the inability of numpy to
accept sage types.

Personally, I find the combination of sage's notebook interface + numpy
useful, and I hope that eventually sage and numpy will work better
together.  I am keeping an eye on SPD, and may eventually switch to it
instead of sage.

I recognize that there are limited developer resources, and it is better
to restrict the target feature set and do a few things very well than it
is be to do a wider range of things poorly.  In the longer term though,
I would welcome improved integration of sage and numpy/scipy. I don't
currently have the skills nor the time to write code, but I will be
happy to act as a tester.

--
Kevin Horton