On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 1:25 PM, davidloeffler<dave.loeff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is now #6462.
>
> (I have played with it a bit myself, and I can get pickling and
> unpickling to work, by defining a __reduce__ function for orders, and
> adjusting the __reduce__ function for number field elements; but now
> the standard x == loads(dumps(x)) test doesn't seem to work.)

I think the problem stems from the weird design of order elements.
They are really quadratic number field elements, but they have their
parents "brutally" changed to be an order instead.   Since this design
was Robert Bradshaw's clever idea, if he has time, perhaps he will be
able to make a comment.

 -- William