I would also add that MMA is more powerful at solving equations and
finding roots. E.g. the Reduce[] command in MMA. Even MMA's Solve[]
finds solutions where Sage (or Maxima) does not. But I suppose that this
is not a fundamental disadvantage of Sage, as it is just a matter of
implementing better algorithms.

Stan