On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:59 AM, kcrisman<kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2:19 pm, Alex Clemesha <cleme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for posting this!  I'm really surprised that Mozilla has lagged on
>> this
>> as much as they did.  Searching for "@font-face browser support" shows
>> that IE has had this since
>> version4:http://webfonts.info/wiki/index.php?title=%40font-face_browser_support
>> but now it looks like all the major browsers are getting this functionality.
>>
>> Anyways, it's great to see browsers getting better and better.
>

> True.  Note however that IE has the following stipulation:
> font formats:
> Embedded OpenType (EOT) created by Microsoft's WEFT tool
>
> That seems less than desirable, but maybe it's okay?

Looks like WEFT converts from TTF into EOT, so we should be able to
work around this.  It looks like WEFT is free (beer), and rather
permissive:

Platform: WEFT was designed to work on Windows 98 and continues to
work on newer versions of the Windows operating system. Users have
reported that WEFT 3 works under Apple operating systems running the
latest versions of some PC emulators.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/weft3/download.aspx