Hello everybody !!!

I finally wrote the two versions of the LP solver for SAGE, the first
using COIN-OR and the second GLPK. It is a very early version of the
solver, with few if any control of errors ( feasibility, etc ... ) but
it still can be very useful !
My last problem is the following :

The main goal of this class is to be a unified way to access GLPK,
COIN, and eventually CPLEX through SAGE. Glpk can be included in SAGE,
but COIN-OR cannot for it is GPL-uncompatible. Even though, the MIP
class as it is written uses functions from COIN-OR library ( it is
written in Cython ), and so needs these libraries to be installed if
it is to be compiled at all. This is not a all what we want, as it
should work without any installation of COIN. So here is my problem :

I have a class that uses librarires that can not be assumed to be
installed. How could I detect whether they are, and compile the MIP
class accordingly.

I'd be really glad if you had an answer to my question, as it is a
complete mystery to me !

Thanks

Nathann