Hi!

After downloading sage I read readme.txt.

If there is interest in getting Sage into an .app, it can be done via
a free Platypus app[1]. I have succesfully used it to prepared the Mac
OS X release of Maxima (and wxMaxima). You might inspect Maxima.app
(download Mac OS X dmg from Maxima sourceforge) to see how it's done -
basicly there is a script inside that runs a binary in Terminal.app.
It's pretty straightforward. Octave.app is another such example. The
only problem I had, was getting Maxima to know where to find it's
files (since all files are within Maxima.app which can be put
anywhere), but I solved it with some 'sh' magic.

Sage weights 1.5 gb, so I don't know if it's smart to create a
selfcontained .app.

Regards,
Ziga

[1] http://www.sveinbjorn.org/platypus