From: VictorMiller <victorsmil...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Subject: [sage-devel] Developing new classes
To: sage-devel <sage-devel@googlegroups.com>

I'm in the process of trying to write a class for G-Modules, where G
is a finite group (in particular, I'm interested in Galois modules).
As far as I can see, this doesn't seem to exist in SAGE.  In the
process of doing this I've been reading over code, and noticed that
there seems to be a certain style of creating new classes to implement
algebraic constructs.   I've noticed that there seems to be liberal
use of what are called "Factory Functions".  Is there some sort of
write up about the methods that are used to build new classes?

Victor