Hello everybody !!!!!

A new message about Linear Programming in Sage. Everything we talked
about a few weeks ago is now available in different places :

The patch necessary to use Linear Programming :
The package GLPK ( first solver available, required ) : sage -f
http://www.sagemath.org/packages/optional/glpk-4.38.spkg
The package Coin-or/Cbc ( optional, but even faster than GLPK ) :

Today I posted the first patches for Graph functions using Linear
Programming in Sage :

Vertex/Edge coloring : http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6679
A lot of others : http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6680

Those two tickets needs reviews, but if you do not intend to give it a
try it may just be interesting as a base of examples of what you can
do with Linear Programming in Sage !

I am aware that most of these functions can be rewritten in a
different specific way to make them more efficient, and I expect most
of them to be rewritten eventually. Linear Programming in Sage was the
laziest way I knew to write all these functions, but I thought Sage
really needed them and I hope you will find them efficient enough
compared to what we had, or compared to what you would expect to get
from such a general framework as LP.

Finally, I spent a lot of time writing the docstrings for all of these
functions and for all the MIP-related functions, so learning how to
use them should be pretty quick for those familiar with LP, using just
MIP?, or using the question mark at the end of each function you'll
find....

Have fun, and thank you all again for your help ! ;-)

Nathann