Nick Alexander wrote:
>> unfortunately, there is little support for QEPCAD for mac. In
>> particular, it seems that my system mac os 10.4/ppc is not even
>> supported by fink. See http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/qepcad
>
> I know nothing about this, but start with the spkg at
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/772
>   and the patches (already merged?) at
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/3431
> ..

Carl Witty and I (mostly Carl) worked on getting qepcad working with
Sage.  I don't know if the spkg works on 10.4.  It works wonderfully in
linux.  I know we apply some patches to get it to compile on some
systems, so the spkg may work even if qepcadb doesn't work on other systems.

Carl has been working towards a native implementation of CAD in Sage for
a very long time.  From what I understand, some of his significant
contributions (like QQbar, AA, etc.) were motivated by getting needed
functionality for CAD into Sage.

So I think it is just a matter of time, but it might be on the order of
years before it is complete and native in Sage.

Thanks,

Jason