> > Is there any way of organizing worksheets on a Sage notebook
> > server?  If you have many worksheets, it can be difficult to find them
> > and it would be nice to be able to organize them using tags,
> > categories or folders.  One example of this would be if wanted to
> > write a chapter based book
> > using the notebooks.  Then all the chapters could be a worksheet and
> > all the worksheets could go into a single folder/tag.
>
> No, there is no way to organize worksheets.   I'll implement something
> next month.  What should my highest priority be?

Thanks, that would be fantastic!  I think the simplest thing to implement is
a tag/label based system like gmail has.  That is nice because you can have
multiple tags/labels on a single worksheet.  The thing that would make this
most useful is if the tag could be embedded into the url:

mysagenbserver.com/bgranger/tags/physics  # Show all my notebooks with
'physics' in tags
mysagenbserver.com/pub/tags/physics # Show all published notebooks with
'physics' in tags

That way it would be very simple to organize notebooks for
classes/topics/etc. by tag and share them with other people (like students).

> In practice, what I do is put something helpful in the title (a sort
> of tag), then use the text search in the upper right to locate all
> worksheets with that in them.

OK, that will get me by for now.

Cheers,

Brian

PS - I am currently in the process of getting some servers for our
department - one of the main uses will be to run sage notebook servers for
our Physics classes here at Cal Poly.