On Sep 3, 7:12 pm, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> Every time (that I can remember) that I've tried searching google groups
> online for a post, I've given up in frustration and gone back to
> searching in thunderbird (I follow sage-devel from gmane).  Just now, I
> tried to find a specific thread.  When keywords didn't work, I quickly
> found the thread in thunderbird and typed the subject on the thread into
> the search box athttp://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel.

In that search box, type

  wysiwyg mathematics group:sage-devel

and then hit the "Search Groups" button (rather than the "Search this
group" button).  Someone suggested this a month or two ago, and it
seems to work pretty well. You can do the same search from the main
Google groups page, http://groups.google.com/.

  John