Hi Burcin,

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Burcin Erocal<bur...@erocal.org> wrote:

> Is there anybody else interested in a wrapper for the noncommutative
> functionality provided by Singular?
>
> Singular's capabilities are described in the manual here:
>
> http://www.singular.uni-kl.de/Manual/latest/sing_356.htm#SEC397
>
> If you're interested please write back with the following information
>  - what exactly are your needs
>  - ideas for a possible user interface (example Sage session)
>  - if you can contribute to the development (testing patches and
>   designing an interface is also a contribution)

Great!  In quantum physics, one needs to work with quantum operator
that are non-commuting objects.  There, we often need to check whether
commutator or anti-commutator of two composite operators are zero or not.

An example session would be:
----------
sage:  A,B = nc_var('A,B')
sage: a,b,c,d = var('a,b,c,d')

sage:  C = a*A + b*A*A
sage:  D = d*B
sage: commutator(C, D)
a*d*commutator(A,B) + b*d*A*commutator(A,B) + b*d*commutator(A,B)*A

sage: commuator.define([A,B], 1)
sage commutator(A, B)
1

sage: commutator(C,D)